These Yoga Poses Can Keep You Warm During The Winter Season | Photo credit: iStock Images
- Winter is the season that makes us crave warmth
- Cold weather often causes people to fall behind on their fitness goals
- Here are some indoor-friendly yoga exercises you can perform during this winter season.
New Delhi: Winter is the season that makes us crave warmth. Besides snuggling up in bed with a cup of a hot drink of your choice, there are other ways to warm up the body. No, we are not referring to a hot meal or several layers, but to physical activity. Despite the realization of the importance of staying physically active, people end up falling into the toxic habit of lazing around because of the cold. Yoga exercises are suitable for indoors and can be done effectively at home. Read on to find out how you can warm up your body with yoga and achieve your fitness goals this winter.
yoga for winter
Here are some yoga exercises that you can do during the winter season:
This pose is also known as the side plank pose. You can do this exercise by following these steps:
- Sit down with your hand on the yoga mat and your legs straight.
- Raise your body sideways using hand strength so that your body is at a 45 degree angle to the floor.
- Extend the other hand in the air.
- Rest the other leg on the leg that is in contact with the floor.
This pose is also known as the boat pose. You can do this exercise by following these steps:
- Lie down on the yoga mat.
- Raise your legs while keeping them straight.
- Make sure your legs are at a 45 degree angle to the floor.
- Raise your upper body using your hips as a pivot.
- Keep your hands straight.
- Your stance should look like an inverted n’A’.
This pose is also known as the headstand pose. You can do this exercise by following these steps:
- For this pose, you can use a wall as a support.
- Get on all fours against a wall.
- Rest your elbows on the floor and place your head between them.
- Now pull your lower body up so it’s inverted and lay it straight against the wall.
- Balance it so as not to fall.
- Then release the support from the wall and hold the position for at least 5 minutes.
This pose is also known as the bridge pose. You can do this exercise by following these steps:
- Lie down comfortably on a yoga mat.
- Keep your hands straight by your side.
- Bend your knees so your feet are flat on the mat.
- Now lift your body so that your torso is parallel to the floor.
- Your body should look like a bridge.
This pose is also known as the corpse pose. You can do this exercise by following these steps:
- Lie down on a yoga mat.
- Relax and start focusing on your body, starting from your head to your toes.
- You will feel the tension leaving your body.
- Stay in the position for 10 to 20 minutes.
Disclaimer: The tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are provided for general information only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or dietitian before starting any fitness program or making any changes to your diet.
Get the latest health news, healthy eating, weight loss, yoga and fitness tips, more updates on Times Now